Home Check is a purchasable report that enables you to get valuable information about a property before you make an offer.
Using over 30 different data points, a Home Check gives you a well-rounded property summary to help you make more informed decisions. From property details like age and building type, to pricing and market advice, as well as risk data like flooding or crime statistics, a Home Check helps you be more confident that you are getting an honest and accurate view of a property.
This article includes:
- Visit Zoopla Home Check
- Enter a full UK postcode and click Look up postcode
- Select an Address from the dropdown and click Next
If you've already purchased a subscription to access unlimited Home Check reports and you'd like to generate a new report, you'll need to click the Existing subscribers tab and then enter your Email address
Your Home Check is broken down into 11 sections including an overall property summary, most of which are minimised by default.
To expand any section, click either on the section heading in the contents or scroll to a section and click the + icon next to the section heading.
The sections consist of:
- Home Check summary - A quick overview of any alerts related to a property. It's a good idea to explore these alerts before making the decision to buy the property
- Property details - Key information about a property including age, cost per square metre and council tax rates
- Sales history - A review of the property's appreciation potential and historic home improvements that have added value in the past
- Price analysis - Our estimated price for this property as well as comparable listings and sold properties nearby
- Market dynamics - The average price achieved compared to asking price and the time taken to sell properties in the area
- Local area - An overview of school ratings, transport links and crime statistics
- Planning applications - Shows up to 10 planning applications in the surrounding area including both accepted and refused applications
- Energy performance - Property energy environmental ratings and estimated running costs as well as improvement options
- Flood risk - A rating of how likely a property is to be affected by flooding
- Internet services - Broadband speeds and availability
- Data sources - A summary of the data sources used to populate the home check
There are two ways to purchase a Home Check report. You can either:
- purchase a single report for a one off payment
- pay a monthly subscription to gain access to unlimited reports
To purchase a Home Check report:
- Click here to purchase a Home Check report
- Choose one of the Purchase plans, either a single Home Check, or a monthly subscription
- Enter your Payment information
- You can then start to generate your Home Check report. You'll also be sent an email linking you to your Home Check for future reference, and the link will be accessible for a minimum of 90 days
- No property data is showing, why is this?
Sometimes you might need to refresh the page for the data to show, occasionally we simply don't have access to the information required. This could be because the data isn't currently available but will be in the future. In the case of some specific properties, the data might not exist.
- Can I get a refund for a single Home Check report?
If you aren't happy that a single Home Check report has provided you with enough value, we accept refunds for up to 90 days after purchase. To get a refund, simply click on the link in the Data sources section at the bottom of your report and explain why you would like a refund.
- Can I get a refund for a Home Check subscription?
Home Check subscriptions can be cancelled for a full refund within a fourteen day cooling off period. Outside the 14 day cooling off period, subscriptions can still be cancelled at any time, however they will not be eligible for a refund. Subscriptions can be cancelled by following the Get a refund link found at the bottom of your Home Check report, or via the Manage your subscription link on the Existing subscribers tab.
- How can I amend my subscription details?
You can amend your subscription details by following the Manage your subscription link found in your Home Check confirmation email.
- How will my subscription renew?
The subscription is auto-renewed monthly. A notification will be sent 7 days before the next payment is due to the email address used to set up the subscription. Unless cancelled, monthly payments will be taken automatically.