The first step in selling your property is to get a valuation from local experts. An agent valuation is the process of an agent inspecting your home to assess its current value, with no commitment to sell. It's also completely free.
Whilst we offer our Zoopla estimate, this estimated price is our calculation of what a property could be worth, using robust industry data. It’s an indication designed to help sellers decide the asking price, and buyers decide what they could offer. Therefore, we always advise you to contact an estate agent for a more accurate valuation.
A Zoopla registered estate agent is able to provide you with the most accurate and professional valuation, whereby they'll inspect your home and take into account its unique features, the area and local market conditions before providing you with an estimated valuation. They can also suggest the highest price they think your home could achieve.
It's usually worth approaching two or three agents and remember, you’re not committed to using any of them.
Our research backs this up as we found you're more likely to shop around, and tend to request valuations from at least 2 or 3 estate agents as a minimum before instructing your property
To get a free agent valuation, you can do so via My Home:
- Go to www.zoopla.co.uk
- Hover over House prices and click How much is my home worth?
- Alternatively, click My Home on the main navigation bar
- Scroll down and click Get a free agent valuation
- Type in your postcode and click Find address
- Choose your address from the dropdown menu and click Select address
- Select the relevant intention from What would you like to do? i.e. Sell my property, Let my Property, Just curious. Click Next
- Complete the Your details form with your Full name, Email address, Telephone number and Contact Preference as a minimum. You can also enter additional information within the Message field if you wish (i.e. property information, contact preference). Click Next
- A list of 6 local agents displays and will be pre-selected. If you have a preference, tick/untick those agents you don't wish to receive a valuation from, or, click Show more agents to view and select alternatives
- Click Send my details to (x) agents
You'll receive a confirmation from us at Zoopla to your email inbox. We'll only share your name and number with your selected agents so they can get in touch with you regarding your valuation. We suggest allowing them 3 business days to get back to you.
For more information on our Zoopla estimates, click here to view our estimates section in the Help Centre.